Keep the kiddos content all year long with local favorites to do, see and experience.
1. Explore the Canal District and peruse the shelves at Bedlam Book Cafe.
2. Check out exhibits and learn the story of the Blackstone River Valley's role in how industry began in America at the BHC Visitor Center.
4. Pick your own blueberries at Meadowbrook Orchards and make a home-made pie to share.
5. Enjoy a famous banana split sundae from Gibby's Ice Cream Shop in Worcester.
6. Enjoy a free visit to the Worcester Art Museum (first Sunday of every month, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.).
7. Attend at least one of the many cultural festivals in the City like the Worcester Dragon Boat Festival on Lake Quinsigamond.
8. Explore Green Hill Park and enjoy the free, year-round petting zoo on the farm.
9. Indoor rock climb at Central Rock Gym.
11. Go bowling at Colonial Bowling Center.
12. Drop in for an art class at Art Reach.
13. Or check out the free exhibits at ArtsWorcester.
14. Spend a summer night watching the Worcester Bravehearts play baseball.
15. Enjoy an ice cream at Wooberry Frozen Yogurt.
17. Rent a kayak or stand-up paddle board at Lakeview Marine, and explore Webster Lake or...
18. Hop aboard the Indian Princess, an authentic paddle wheel riverboat, and cruise the whole lake
19. Play a free round of disc golf or get some exercise on Newton Hill at Elm Park.
20. Make it an art day at C.C. Lowell Art Supply Co.
21. Visit the Canal District Farmer’s market on Saturdays.
22. Catch the latest kid flick at the Elm Draught House Cinema for affordable admission and cheap eats.
24. Go sledding on the hill at Quinsigamond Community College.
25. Eat hot dogs at the iconic George’s Coney Island.
27. Take a music class at Pakachoag Music School of Greater Worcester.
28. Attend the Annual Butterfly Festival at Broad Meadow Brook.
29. Enjoy the show at The Hanover Theatre.
30. Swap books for store credit at Annie’s Book Stop.
31. Attend a free children’s program at the Worcester Public Library.
32. Take a hike up to Bancroft Tower.
33. Play in the splash park at Cristoforo Colombo Park.
34. Take a family fitness class or sign up for a membership to the YMCA.
35. Paint your own pottery or take a zentangle class at Clayground.
36. Take a free wagon-ride tour and check out the country store at Whittier Farms.
37. Explore the curiosities at Seed to Stem.
38. Try one of these 8 FREE family-fun ideas from Worcester Central Kids.
39. Enjoy free art at the Sprinkler Factory or...
40. Take a guided tour of Worcester's wall murals.
41. Sail at Regatta Point.
42. Learn about the music industry at Joe’s Albums.
43. Grab delicious cookies at deadhorse hill or…
44. At Figs & Pigs Kitchen.
45. Pick up some comic books and classic games at That’s Entertainment.
46. Go for a hike and enjoy the waterfall at Cascading Falls.
47. Catch a free summer concert and grab lunch from a food truck at the Out to Lunch Concert Series.
48. Spend the day visiting the animals at Southwick’s Zoo.
49. Work on crafts at the Worcester Center for Crafts.
50. Build your own burger at Brew City Grill & Brew House.
51. Enjoy gluten & dairy-free Italian ice and gelato at Coco's Tropical Ice.
52. Explore the trails of Hadwen Arboretum.
53. Shop for matching Worcester shirts at Worcester Wares.
54. Build a bike with Earn-a-Bike.
55. Discover music, dance, theater and artists at The Center at Eagle Hill.
56. Learn about life in New England in the 1830's at Old Sturbridge Village.
57. Watch the Annual Major Taylor Bike Ride.
58. Learn how to ski/snowboard or going snow tubing at Ski Ward.
59. Relax with classical music from the Worcester Schubertiade.
60. Catch a basketball game at Holy Cross.
61. Celebrate the beginning of fall by attending KidsFest and AppleFest at Wachusett Mountain.
62. Grab a dessert from The Queens Cups.
63. Take a trail ride aboard your own horse with Cornerstone Ranch. In the winter, gather the family for a horse-drawn sleigh ride.
64. Bring your kids and your four-legged furbaby to the Pet Rock Festival to snuggle some really cute pups.
65. Volunteer at the Regional Environmental Council or….
66. Attend the YouthGrow Block Party.
67. Grab a famous Table Talk Pie with ice cream on top.
68. Hike a rare swampland boardwalk trail then cool off with a dip in the lake at Douglas State Forest.
69. Compete in the Annual Valentine’s Day card competition at the Worcester Historical Museum.
70. Enjoy breakfast with a kids sing & play at BirchTree Bread Company.
71. Have an authentic diner car experience at one of Worcester's historic diners.
72. Appreciate some skillful contemporary art at Cantor Art Gallery.
73. Drink a smoothie and play board games on a hot day at Nu Kitchen.
75. Enjoy a fishermans platter and your favorite ice cream while watching the sunset at Dresser Hill's Clambox .
76. Bounce out all your energy at Zoinks Fun Factory.
77. Hike up Wachusett Mountain and take a selfie at the top.
78. Take a hike at Purgatory Chasm then...
79. Grab an ice cream and attend a seasonal festival at West End Creamery.
80. Attend a children’s book reading at Barnes & Nobles.
81. Take a science or garden-inspired class at New England Botanic Garden at Tower Hill.
82. Slide into summer at Breezy Picnic Grounds Waterslides.
83. Take a short hike to one of the most beautiful overlooks in the region.
84. Get a free tour of the Canal District on a horse-drawn wagon.
85. Let the kids play a round of cornhole at Redemption Rock Brewery while you indulge in a craft beer and live music.
86. Prefer donuts? Get your creative sugar rush at Baked Bakery!
87. Sign-up for the Junior Golf School at Cyprian Keyes Golf Club.
88. Play baseball at Logan Field.
89. Enjoy a round of disc golf at Maple Hill Disc Golf course.
90. Pick your own apples and enjoy an apple cider donut at Douglas Orchard & Farm.
91. Request a visitor's guide to get the latest information on Worcester fun!